Friday, June 27, 2008

Two CNA Articles

I ran across two pieces on the Catholic News Agency's site that I wanted to share with you:

The first bears the title -

Gov. Schwarzenegger commits to 20 daily rosaries to help pass health care plan

Okay, now I do like the idea of someone praying the rosary. I especially like them fostering that prayer by letting others know they pray it, but, from what I know of his politics and have previously read of this health care plan, I'm not impressed by Schwarzenegger's prayer life. From what I understand, this measure that the governor is praying for will be to the detriment of the poor.

But wait.

Maybe this is exactly what is needed - the praying, that is. After all, we know that prayer doesn't guarantee the prayerful his wishes, but it very well may expedite what is right. Hmmm...

Pray Arnold, pray.


The second bit of news that I wanted to share is entitled-

China to permit limited Bible distribution at Olympics

I don't care that it is limited distribution. I see this as wonderful news. Wonderful news about the spread of the Good News.

No comments: