Friday, August 8, 2008

Color Me Pink...

tickled pink, that is.


Within the last hour, I learned that a pro-abortion group's site has placed a link on it to this blog.


Perhaps, you think that I should be saying, "Ewwww. I don't want their sort here." But I do want them here.


I think it would be cool if something here might be part of someone's conversion of heart to the truth. Even 10 years ago I would never have imagined that I'd be sitting on the pro-life side of the "issue," but I'm highly analytically and it was inevitable that one little tidbit added up with some other tidbits that led to my realization.

For the 1 in 5 children who were never permitted live; for our culture entrenched in death; for the children whose lives are in danger; for the parents whose arms are empty and their minds wracked with guilt; for the mercy of God for all those involved in abortion, I am made glad by having the presence of anyone who doesn't realize that the right to procure an abortion is not really about personal or health care freedom. I pray that the reality of abortion as the product of a killing industry becomes known.


Reproductive freedom is a matter of choices - it entails choosing or not choosing to reproduce. Abortion is the antithesis of choice. There is a rawness to it akin to that of an animal "choosing" to gnaw its leg off because it is stuck in a trap. Not many a woman who chooses to become pregnant then chooses to end the pregnancy; rather, it is a woman who feels trapped - who has lost the sense of dignity which she and her child inherently possess simply by virtue of their humanity - who finds herself alone and scared as she stares about a clinic packed with others like her. It is she who shuts her eyes to the imagery of them all being animals waiting to be led to slaughter because if she allowed herself to think that she might (shudder) think that the "procedure" might involve the death of a baby rather than simply "getting rid of some cells." A woman having an abortion is a woman not knowing of life and the hope that may be found in that life -- even amid seeming hopelessness.


Okay, okay... I've gone off course. I'll stop rambling. Just know that I am tickled all shades of pink that the abortion biggie has placed a link to here from one of their sites. Yeahhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: