Friday, May 23, 2008

Oops!

File this under the label "I can't believe she said that," or toss it in the "Actually made me laugh out loud bin."

When presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked by the Sioux City Argus Leader why she is still in the race for her party's nomination, one of the reasons she gave was essentially, "You never know if someone might shoot my opponent before the convention." I'm serious.

What she said was, "We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California."

In theory, that is very much a legitimate thought. In reality...

As I indicated from the outset, it made me laugh out loud.

Now I'm one of these people that always has something rattling around my brain unrelated to anything in my life, and I have thought about the fact that candidates do seem to drop out of campaign a tad early. I've actually had Kennedy's assassination float around during a pondering of that fact. Pertinent to the current primaries, I've even thought about McCain's age with relation to my opinion that Huckabee dropped too early. But, as the good Lord is my witness, I have not thought that would be something anyone from any campaign would say while being taped.

In theory, fine. In reality, picture me laughing at the computer screen.

If you want to see the video click here. It will be on the left side of your screen.

No comments: